Ernesto Damiani @ 3rd ESA International Security Symposium
The Symposium will focus on how challenges related to security of Big Data – access, analysis, capture, data management and integration, search, sharing, storage, transfer, visualisation, querying, updating – impact the activities and security of international and national organisations.
The Symposium will address among others the following challenges:
- What difficulties are encountered by these international and national organisations that generate large amounts of data and knowledge?
- How to secure the organisation and its customers’ information in a Big Data context?
- Are the current methods of sharing and protecting information, adapted to potential emerging threats?
- Which new threats are we facing?
- How shall information ownership be addressed and information classification be enhanced?
- What measures should be taken to ensure authenticity, availability, integrity of data in order to establish trust amongst the users on the source and accuracy of such data?
- What measures should be taken to ensure confidentiality and non-repudiation of large amounts of data?
- How and to which extent can institutions establish policies and regulations? What are the requirements for an effective and secure data management policy?
- Which are the most effective Big Data techniques to analyse, and even predict, security incidents?
- Are the tools available to create, capture from various sources, manage, maintain integrate and process data with the capacity to add value to the data within a given time frame?