International Workshop on Applied Computational Intelligence
Computational Intelligence techniques are traditionally adopted in several different application domains such as industrial, medical, decision making, gaming to name but a few. Despite this growing diffusion, there are still many possible areas where computational intelligence application is partial or could be extended and improved, due to the actual limitations in terms of computational power or strict requirements in terms of assurance of the results.
This workshop aims to investigate the impact of the adoption of advanced and innovative Computational Intelligence techniques in emerging application fields like IoT and Big Data. This edition of the workshop is focused primarily on industrial and health applications with special emphasis to real time systems grounded on Big Data ecosystems.
The workshop will bring together researchers on different disciplines from academia and industry with a common objective: go beyond the frontiers of today applications of Computational Intelligence techniques.
Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
– Imaging for Industrial applications
– Computational Intelligence approaches in Biomedical Signal Processing
– Computational Intelligence approaches in Consumer Electronics
– Real-time Multimedia Signal Processing
– Intelligent User Interfaces
– Virtual-augmented reality for Healthcare
– Big Data-based Computational Intelligence for Real-time processing
– Computational Intelligence in IoT
– Processing in digital image acquisition pipeline
– Learning systems for signal and information processing and evidential reasoning for recognition
– Soft computing approaches for embedded multimedia systems
– Expert system and Decision Support Systems for health
** Important dates
Submission deadline: September 9, 2019
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 19, 2019
Camera-ready: October 25, 2019
Author Registration: October 26, 2019
Each submission should be at most 8 pages in total including bibliography and well-marked appendices, and must follow the IEEE double columns publication format available at:
– Microsoft Word DOC
– LaTex Formatting Macros
Paper submission will only be online via: Easy Chair.
Only pdf files will be accepted. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits. All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society. Content will be submitted to the indexing companies for possible indexing. They will be available at the conference.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. Workshop registration fee is determined by SITIS. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
** Workshop Co-Chairs
– M. Anisetti, Università degli studi di Milano, Italy
– G. Jeon, Incheon National University, Korea
– A. Chehri, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Canada
– V. Bellandi, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
** Program Committee
– Kitsuchart Pasupa, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand
– Xiangdong Chen, Nanjing University of Posts and Communications, China
– Xiaomin Yang, Sichuan University, China
– Wang Lei, University of Jinan, China
– Anand Paul, Kyungpook National University, South Korea
– Wei Wu, Sichuan University, China
– Yong Fang, Chang’an University, China
– Jiaji Wu, Xidian University, China
– Fulvio Frati, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
– Luigi Arnone, STMicroelectronics, Italy
– Marco Sacco, ITIA-CNR, Italy