The 1st EAI International Conference on Emerging Technologies for Developing Countries
The conference AFRICATEK 2017 targets the use of emerging technologies (e.g. cloud computing, IoT, data analytics, green computing, etc.) in developing countries. Building innovative solutions and services based on cutting edge technologies is very challenging in developing countries for several reasons. The limited IT infrastructure and Internet penetration are two of the key hindering barriers.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be submitted for publication in Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world’s largest scientific libraries.
- Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: Elsevier (EI), Thomson Scientific (ISI), Scopus, Crossref, Google Scholar, DBLP.
- The conference will include a number of supporting workshops (a call for workshops will be made).
The goal of this conference is to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to share their results and ideas on how to benefit the developing world from the technologies’ advances despite the existing limitations. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization for Developing Countries
- Smart Cities and Internet of Things (IoTs)
- Big Data Analytics and Visualization
- Green Computing
- E-Services: e.g. e-Gov, e-Health, e-Learning
- Social Networks
- Unified Communication
- Cyber security and ICT security issues in developing countries
- Protocols and Architectures for Developing Countries
- Energy-aware ICT infrastructures
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Smart Urban Systems and Smart Energy
- Intelligent Automation & Manufacturing Systems
- Next Generation of Networking Technologies